- Video Format / PAL, NTSC, SECAM
- Transmission Distance / 300m Max
- Operation Frequency Range / 0-6MHz
- Wire Type / UTP Category 5e
- DC to 5MHz / 0.5dB typ
- Power In / Not required
- Video Out / Screw Connector
- UTP, RJ45 Date Connector / 100 ohms
- Video In/Out Protection: Standard:10/700us, IEC6100-4-5,1955(GB/T17626.5-1999)
- MTBF / >50000 hours
- Input Impedance / 100ohm
- DC Loop Resistance / 52 ohms per 1000 ft (18 ohms per 100m)
- Differential Capacitance / 19 pF/ft max (62pF/m max)
- Temperature: -20 - 70C / Humidity (non-condensing): 0 to 95%
Q) Why choose a surge-protected baluns with TVS (Transient Voltage Suppressors)?
A) The majority of all surge-induced damage is caused by surges and spikes traveling along unprotected video, data and power lines. These surges originate from a wide variety of sources, including static charge buildup and lightning strikes. Left unprotected, video and data lines expose cameras, digital video recorders, network video storage devices, monitors, A/V components, and other network equipment to damaging electrical transients.
Lightning is the most common source of electrical disturbance to telecommunication lines. There are 865,000 lightning strikes each day worldwide. Our surge-protected baluns are designed to prevent excess voltage from damaging components on a CCTV video system. Although surge-protected baluns will aid in minimizing the spread of damage caused from a lightning strike, be advised that there is only limited protection: 2000 volts (passive) to 4000 volts (grounded active). A direct hit from a lightning bolt will incinerate practically anything.
- Low voltage (7.5-65 volts)
- Analog telephone lines (230-240 volts)
- Digital telephones (75 volts)
- Power over Ethernet, a.k.a. POE (65 volts)
Q) What distances can be used for passive balun pairs and active balun pairs?
- A) up to 400m (< 1312 ft) - use passive balun pair as transmitter and receiver
- up to 700m (< 2296 ft) - use passive balun as transmitter and active balun as receiver
- up to 1200m (< 3937 ft) - use active balun pair as transmitter and receiver
- Additional Information
SKU 0623-SP Model 0623-SP DVR Type No DVR Function No Number of Audio Channels No Live View Resolution No Recording Resolution No Hard Drive No Optical Drive No Mobile Compatibility No Remote OS/Browser No IP Camera Support No Case No Brand eDigital Shipment N/A Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price No